Slide3 Slide3 Slide3

Call us : 1800-2-120-130


Double Glazed Glass- Multiple layered glass panes that have very dry air or inert gas between the glass panes. [Double Glazed Glass can be called Insulated Glass Unit (I.G.U.) or, Double Pane Glass or, Double Glazed Unit (D.G.U.)].

Fixed Panel-A window that cannot be opened, whose function is limited to allowing light to enter.

Float Glass-Float glass is a sheet of glass made by floating molten glass on a bed of molten metal.

Frame-The part of the window fixed to the masonry work (Chowkhat).

French Window-Combination of two casement windows with 100% opening.

Hinge-A hinge is a type of bearing that connects two solid objects, typically allowing only a limited angle of rotation between them.

Horizontal Slider-It has two or more sashes that overlap slightly but slide horizontally within the frame.

Laminated Glass-Laminated glass is a type of safety glass that holds together when shattered. In the event of breaking, it is held in place by an interlayer, typically of polyvinyl butyral (PVB), between its two or more layers of glass.

Mid Rail-Dividers (horizontal or vertical) in a window/door sash.

Mullion- Vertical dividers of a window/door outer frame.

Multi point locking-A locking mechanism that locks at more than one point.

Picture Window-A very large fixed window in a wall, typically without glazing bars or glazed with only perfunctory glazing bars near the edge of the window. Picture windows are intended to provide an unimpeded view, as if framing a picture.

Sash-Openable part of the window/door (Palla).

Sliding Window/door-Windows/doors with sliding open-able panels (sashes) window/door.

Stained Glass-A window composed of pieces of colored glass, transparent, translucent or opaque, frequently portraying persons or scenes. Typically the glass in these windows is separated by lead glazing bars.

Tilt & Turn Window- A window that (i) tilts at an angle for ventilation and (ii) opens inwards like a casement.

Tilt and Slide-A window (more usually a door-sized window) where the sash tilts inwards at the top and then slides horizontally behind the fixed panel.

Toughened or tempered glass-This is a type of safety glass processed by controlled thermal or chemical treatments to increase its strength compared with normal glass.

Transom- Horizontal dividers of a window/door outer frame.